Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blog 15

When I reflect on EDU 422, I sit in awe: All the work that we did was long, time consuming, and constant, yet I wouldn’t have it any other way. All the assignments, readings, and presentations all contribute to being successful in the educational profession. The material covered made teaching much more interesting, valuable, and effective. For example, I found the Spreadsheet assignment as a clever, organized, and highly useful tool to keep track of student’s grades and progress. I know I will definitely use this concept in the classroom. In addition, I loved the idea of making a website for the students to be able to use technology and be on task. When I made the web page the “Golden State”, I was able to use different concepts to make the student’s learning process varied, interesting, and fun. I think this would be a great opportunity for students to also form their own pages and be able to be creative, use technology, work on social skills, etc. I also highly enjoyed the program Inspiration. This program I will use on my students to help them understand the basic steps of the writing process. It’s important to teach students ways to organize ideas, and to see the direction their paper will be going and to see if everything connects with the main idea. I found everything to be very valuable, and I am going to take everything I learn and apply it to my classroom. This will incorporate technology to the students and gives variation in lesson plans and useful techniques. I’m so excited to use this information learned that I showed my father, who is a principal, the assignments and materials we covered in class. He was so impressed that he wishes that I show his teachers in hopes they can learn the qualities I was able to obtain in EDU 422.

No comments: