Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LACMA & P.P.



Over the weekend, I went to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) were i encountered various types of art pieces from ancient European to temporary art. It was very interesting observing the variation of the wide range of paintings. I especially enjoyed the section of the museum that contained art work from Pablo Picasso. I was quite aware of who he was and his type of pieces he made, but i had never stopped to notice the details of his work. What stood at the most in my head was the way he painted figures that resembled a human face but was awkwardly distorted. The physical features of the face were placed in opposite areas of the face and shapes and lines were exaggerated.I couldn't believe someone could come up with this! I couldn't help to wonder if he was either on something or was 'out-there' while producing his art pieces.All the while, his work is very colorful and expressive, exposing the beauty of humans in whatever form or shape.His work is abstract, allowing the viewer to make of his art as he/she choose to. I interpreted his work as a form of comedy and expression, allowing us to see every person as a perfectly imperfect person and that we are all alike with no definition of the norm or awkward. After leaving the museum, his works of art, those especially of humans, stood in my head and contributed to stepping out of the box when observing things.

No comments: